At the last R.O.C.K. party, we had a bevy of Halloween food which we called "Gross but Good Halloween Treats". The following recipe is the old standard Kitty Litter Cake which has been transformed into the gluten free version. The children loved it and in all honesty, we were all surprised at how good it tasted.
Gluten Free Kitty Litter Cake
1 Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 Vanilla Jell-O Pudding Mix
Green Sugar Sprinkles
1. Bake Cookies and both cakes. Cool thoroughly.
2. Make pudding and chill in fridge.
3. Crumble cookies and divide in half.
4. Crumble cake in large bowl and toss with half of cookies, chilled pudding (not all, just enough to moisten cake). Put whole mixture into pan or new "kitty litter box".
5. Heat tootsie rolls in microwave for a few seconds. Form them into "poop".
6. Cover cake mixture with crumbled cookies. Sprinkle green sugar crystals to emulate kitty litter deodorizing crystals. Randomly place tootsie roll "poop" to decorate.
7. Serve with a kitty litter scoop.